Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Third Weekend of Madness

The scooter event on Sunday was a success. We had around 35 people for dinner. When there are people in front of the house looking at the scooters, in the house getting food, and in the backyard eating, it's really hard to get an accurate count. I think there were 23 scooters, but some people just came for dinner.

I cleaned up as best I could after people were eating, and when the last person left, DH and I decided to head up to Phoenix to spend the night. DS the Younger was inducting into the Army early Monday morning, and we'd have had to leave around 5 am and drive through Phoenix rush hour traffic to make it in time if we waited until Monday morning. We got a downtown hotel instead, only a mile from MEPS, so it was pretty easy.


My dad was in the Army, DH's dad was Air Force, DH was Army, my brother was Navy, and numerous uncles were in one branch or another, so we have a lot of military history in the family. DS the Younger's wife was there too, and I know how hard being a military wife is, so we'll be praying hard for both of them. (DH was in the Army for ten years, eight of which we were married.) DS the Younger has already arrived at Fort Benning, Georgia, where he'll be for basic training and AIT.

When we got home, I got to see that DD#3 had put the kitchen to rights, which was awesome! Today I'll be putting leftovers in the freezer, and catching up on laundry. It's a good time to catch my breath after all the activities of the past three weeks.

The next two weekends are easy, then I am hosting a bridal shower the third weekend. Hey, but after that, it's easy until Thanksgiving! Well, I'll be attending a wedding before Thanksgiving, and helping with that, but not hosting, so I'm counting that as easy too.

I might get back to sewing tomorrow, maybe not until Thursday. The wedding quilt is up next in the queue. I'd like to have it done before the shower, and use it for the shower gift, but if it's not done until the wedding, all is not lost. Barring something unforeseen happening, I should be able to get it done before the shower.


No comments: