Sunday, March 27, 2016

Happy Easter!

It was a quiet Easter around here, which was pretty nice. Usually we have a crowd for holidays, but not this time, and that was ok with me.

Since I finished DD#1's quilt, and got it mailed off, I decided to tackle all those pajama pants I cut out a few weeks ago.


Here were the last two pairs I finished. All the fabric was from stash, about 42 yards total. I still have lots of novelty fabrics to use up, but this did put a small dent in it.

Have you ever made simple elastic waist pants, and then you don't know which way is the front after trimming seams. My kids had that problem when they were little, so I started doing this a long time ago.


A small loop of bias tape, for the "Tag goes in the Back" rule. I never try to match the "tag" to the fabric, I want it readily visible. It's a simple solution, but really does make things easier.

On a completely different subject, one of my daughters (DD#3) was diagnosed with Lupus last year. We are doing a Lupus walk next month, and if you are interested, keep reading...

I will be walking to raise funds for the Lupus Foundation of Southern Arizona which is not associated with any National organization and is entirely responsible to fund all of their many outreach and support programs through individual donations and fundraisers. Their dream is to raise $50,000 to help those people living in Southern Arizona that suffer with this disease every day. I realize these are tough times for many people, but every little bit helps!

I hope that you will consider making a secure online tax deductible donation to help me reach my goal. It is faster and easier than ever to do. Just click on the link below to "sponsor me" and complete the donation process. I really appreciate your help! It is estimated that 1 out of every 185 Americans has a form of Lupus.

Lupus is an acute and chronic (lifelong) autoimmune disease in which the immune system is unbalanced, creating inflammation and can cause tissue damage to virtually every organ system in the body. In November 2008, a new drug was approved for the treatment of Lupus, for the first time in 50 years. There is hope on the horizon, and with your help we can continue to fund research and see better treatment options and find a cure for this disease.

Making a difference starts with just one step. Thank you for taking this step with me!

DONATE: http://www.lupus-az.org/donation/?id=56f745d9a92d9
  

If you aren't interested, that's perfectly fine, no guilt trips from me. If you'd like to donate, it would be appreciated, even a couple dollars. If you are in the area, and would like to participate, that would be great too! I'd love to see someone quilty there!

Melodie

No comments: