Friday, October 5, 2018

Overcoming the Overdue!

I just finished the last overdue wedding quilt!!!


Of course I have two wedding quilts I need to start, but hey, no overdue ones hanging over my head!!! That's a win!


I finished another quilt top. It's a very scrappy version of a Crayon Box quilt. It's now hanging in the closet with the other UFO quilt tops. I hope they make friends in there, because I have no idea when this one will get quilted. You can see my old cutting table to the right in this photo. With the bigger cutting table, I'm going to have to lay out quilts somewhere else to take pics.

I started quilting another quilt this morning. FMQ one hour per day is really working well for me. I find that I can get get most quilts quilted in two weeks or less just quilting an hour per day. Of course, I'm not quilting anything fancy. I just want to get some quilts finished, I don't need them to win ribbons. 

I have another quilt top close to being finished, and I have the borders ready to go on that one. After that quilt top is together, I need to get going on the baby stuff for the two grandbabies on the way, and at least cut out one wedding quilt, that wedding is in December. I'll wait for my Studio cutter to arrive before I cut anything. I am really excited about that!

I got the melamine edging put on my new cutting station today. DH thought I would have him do it, but I laughed. It's iron on, and I am pretty handy with an iron, at least in the sewing room!

Lots of stuff to get done, but I am so relieved to have the overdue quilts finished! I'm going to celebrate by icing my arm and watching a movie!

1 comment:

swooze said...

I have never seen a blooming nine patch in point. Love it!