Thursday, March 21, 2019

Ready to Baste

I made some changes along the way, but the Up! inspired quilt is ready to baste. 


I decided my original balloons were too small, and switched to 2" cut squares, which will finish at 1.5". I think the scale is better. The balloons have a bit of an I Spy thing going on. I made sure there were several fun squares to point out. I hope to add some fun details in when I quilt it, and I hope my FMQ skills are up to the task. I'm always more willing to try fancy stuff on smaller quilts. 

The backing needed to be just a bit wider than WOF, so I pieced in a fun strip.


My plan is to get this basted today. I don't think I'll be quilting it for a bit, but just having it basted will be a win. 

I'm close to having all the blocks done for one of the wedding quilts. I should finish the last blocks today or tomorrow. I need to cut sashing and setting triangles before any assembly occurs. I won't be basting any wedding quilts until I have all three tops done. I still have a pile of UFO's basted and ready to quilt. 

No comments: