Thursday, October 6, 2022

Traffic Jam


 It looks like a scooter traffic jam on my design wall! I've been sewing as my back allows, and today I finished the last of the scooter blocks I had cut out. I'm going to put a row above and below the scooter panel you can see on the bottom of the left side design wall. I'm figuring five scooters per row, which leaves me a bunch of leftover blocks, but the other blocks are already spoken for. I've got two scooter panels, so another ten blocks will go into that quilt, and I need seven for yet another quilt. That leaves me an even dozen blocks leftover. I'm torn on what to do with the last dozen. I can use a dozen blocks in multiple ways to make a smaller scooter themed quilt, or I could sew blocks together in sets of 4 and make three throw pillows. I could also make more scooter blocks and make a bigger quilt. Considering DH both runs a scooter club and publishes a scooter magazine, there is no such thing as too many scooter blocks or too much scooter fabric. 

My back is slowly improving. I've still got a ways to go, but I'm not in agony anymore which is very good. I still have to be careful about how long I sew at a time, but my back is my timer for that! 

I need to go cut out a baby quilt as soon as I post this. The baby is being adopted, but for a bit it looked like it was going to fall through. Since I can't sit for too long I just concentrated on the scooter blocks until I knew which way things were going with the baby. I heard the good news today, so now it's a matter of how fast can I get the baby quilt done. I chose a three yard quilt pattern, which I'm modifying to use five fabrics instead of three, but still should be an easy one. I'm hoping to get the top done this weekend, and hopefully get it quilted next week, but we'll see, I've got grandkids most of next week! I'm not planning anything fancy for the baby quilt, but I've got some super cute fabrics, a minky backing, and thankfully I had some boy burp rags already made. I love making baby quilts, even under pressure. They are a nice break from the big ones. 

No comments: