Sunday, November 9, 2014

Back to Reality

I haven't posted for a couple weeks, because I was out of town for nine days. DH and I went to New England to see my parents, and we had a great visit! I got to catch up with several relatives, as well as my best friend from high school. We spent one day in Boston sight-seeing, and that was fun too. It was just really a great trip all the way around.

A few photos from our trip




 


Right before we left on our trip, I had something exciting happen. DH sent me this photo message.


He asked, "Is this a featherweight?"
I said, "Yes."
Then I got this photo.

 
Hmm. Singer Model 68 cabinet, this is getting interesting!

 
A centennial badge!

 
More goodies! Hmm... Did I need another sewing machine? Of course not! But guess what came home with DH? I tell you, he is a keeper!
 
I'm thrilled to have the new featherweight, but I have decided to thin the herd a little, and I'll be listing three machines on ebay shortly.
 
When I got back from our visit, the package with the last of the fabrics for Bonnie Hunter's Grand Illusion Mystery quilt had arrived. I let DD#1 choose the colors, since the quilt will be hers. Here are her choices... (not all of which are new purchases)
 
 
...and here is my cheat sheet so I don't get confused!
 
 
I love doing Bonnie's mystery quilts, but I do prefer using a different color scheme than hers, even when I really like her choices. I just don't want a quilt that looks like hundreds of other quilts. Since DD#1 chose the colors, I had to buy fabrics because I didn't have the shades she wanted. Usually I make all mystery quilts from stash, but this time it wasn't happening. No worries, I'm not on no-buy yet, that's for 2015.
 
I have started my quilting spree, I'm about 1/4 done the wedding quilt I'm working on.

1 comment:

Andee said...

Great fabric choices Hannah! I too like mine to be different than the others..I like to imagine in 100 years when someone finds one anitquing they will be overjoyed to find a "rare" one that isn't the same. LOL! I have not picked my fabrics out yet, life has been too busy!