Friday, October 12, 2018

Not Much Sewing

This week has seemed pretty busy, but it's been more about family than sewing. 

On Saturday we finally managed the dining table swap. DD#1 wanted a bigger dining table, we wanted a smaller one. She wanted rectangular, we wanted to switch to oval. Rather than either of us spending any money a swap was arranged. DD#1 also wanted my old cutting table to put in her kitchen. It's counter height and she desperately needed more counter space. So Saturday, DH and I drove out to their place, about 90 minutes away, dropped off the two tables and four chairs, and picked up one table and four chairs. We got to spend a little time with the four grandkids there, and even got to see their chickens.



^Here's the grandkids...


^...and here's the chickens. I don't know anything about chickens, but these do have a pretty blue/green sheen in the sunlight. They remind me of an oil slick without the detriment to the environment. 




^Here's the table we got in the swap. It's really made the family rounds. DS the Elder and DD#2 bought it several years ago when they were sharing an apartment. DD#2 took it when she got married, and they used it for a while, then passed it to DD#1 when her family relocated from South Africa to the USA. Now we've got it, so it's really gotten around. 

When we were ready to come home, the window regulator broke on DH's side of the car, and the window fell down into the door! We had to drive home with the window down on the highway, I was not a fan. We managed to get the van into the shop on Sunday, which was good because it rained a lot and we don't have covered parking. 

The grandtwins had fall break from school this week, so I got to do some fun stuff with them too. 




The weather was perfect for a trip to the zoo!

This weekend I'll have a houseful. DD#2 is coming down with her family for the weekend, so everyone else be over to see them. It should be a fun, busy time. 

As far as sewing goes I did get some in. I only have one corner left to quilt on Mr. L's quilt (he's the one on the polar bear) I should finish his quilt next week. 


I got some lightweight baby blankets hemmed for one of the grandbabies on the way. I also got burp rags cut out for new grandbabies. I have the fabric out to make some double-sided baby blankets but haven't cut those out yet. 

I listed my Go cutter on ebay, and I'm waiting on my Studio cutter before I start cutting out the next quilts. Working on the misc. baby stuff is a good use of my sewing time until it arrives. 

Company is due anytime, so I better get going!

1 comment:

Quilty Constance said...

What is the pattern for the new quilt you are working on? I like it!