Friday, January 29, 2021

Fourth Finish of the Year!

 


I finished another UFO. The pile of basted UFO's is down to three, and I hope to get those done in the near future so I can have a big basting spree and have a whole new stack of UFO's ready to finish. 

I have been slipping newer projects in between the UFO's. I just finished quilting another quillow yesterday, and I have the last quillow on my list basted and ready to quilt. 

This scrap quilt is now a quilt top, and hanging in the quilt closet. I have two more quilts from more of these quilt blocks ready to assemble into quilt tops. When busting scraps, I like making quilt tops that use as many scraps as possible. So many scrap patterns are large amounts of background fabric, and that doesn't bust that many scraps. The only yardage in these blocks is the red center squares. 


The alternate blocks for two I Spy quilts are done now, well except for snipping dog ears off the blue/green ones!




I got enough of the alternate blocks for the sunflower quilt done to give them a quick preview on the design wall. I think this is going to be a really pretty quilt. I've been making so many scrap quilts, it's refreshing to work with just a few fabrics, which is funny, because normally I get bored making quilts with only a few fabrics. I guess I just need a lot of different types of projects going on to keep my creativity active. 


1 comment:

Katie Z. said...

Wow! I was chuffed that I had finished three so far... four is even better. Congrats on getting so much done, and I’m glad your arm is cooperating.