Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Another One Done!

This is the first time I'm blogging on my new-to-me computer. I've been wanting a MacBook for ages, but was put off by the price tag. One of my SIL's helped me buy one from his company, that sells them off every two years. So this computer was top of the line two years ago, and will still have decent specs for years to come, but I only had to pay 10% of the original purchase price, so definitely more in my budget! Since I was upgrading my computer, I upgraded my quilting software too. I already had two activations on my EQ7, and that's all you're allowed, so I upgraded to EQ8, and while I was at it, I added Blockbase to the mix. I was glancing through some of the blocks in that and my mind was racing with ideas.


 I finished the Pineapple Blossom quilt. I had debated scrappy binding, but I didn't think I had enough made to go around this king sized quilt, and I was too lazy to make more. I have a bin of cutoff binding, and I could have easily made more, but sometimes you just want something finished. I opted for a chambray binding, which doesn't really stand out against anything, and that's what I wanted. There's enough going on in this quilt it didn't need an eye catching binding.


As is the case with a lot of quilts, the quilting shows up better on the back. I started this quilt several years ago, and it feels good to have it finished! DD#1 fell in love with it so it can go live at her house.

I was busy crafting with the grandkids last week. 


Miss S made a mermaid shirt, and she beaded the whole bottom of her shirt by herself. What a difference a few years makes, the younger girls needed help, but she didn't. 


Mr L opted for a car design, and he mixed his paints for a camo look. 


Mr LJ wanted a fire engine with two stars. 


And Mr T wanted a school bus. 


This is a better pic of his.

The two little ones already chose what they want on their next shirts, and it just so happens I have extra shirts in their sizes, so I think we'll do that next month when I go spend a week at their house.

DH was busy with the grandkids too.


Mr T is especially fond of sidecar rides, and he was up at 4AM the next morning saying Pappy needed to wake up so they could go riding. I suggested we let Pappy sleep a bit more, but they were riding by 8:30. 




I started quilting on the last wedding quilt of 2021, but it will take a few days to get that done. I plan on doing some piecing this afternoon. I got the last fabric I needed for the baby quilt, and I can start piecing the Star Wars quilt. I have an inkling I'm going to need to make another baby quilt soon, but I don't have confirmation on that yet. 

1 comment:

swooze said...

How adorable! Cuteness overload!