Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Just in Time

Just as I anticipated, I've had hardly any sewing time, and I expect no more sewing time until next week. I'm hosting Thanksgiving, and I have two different groups of people staying here over the next few days, along with others just coming for the day. 


I did manage to get the table runner I was hoping to use for Thanksgiving finished though! I used a double layer of wool batting because I want to be able to put hot pans directly on the runner, and although a hot dish isn't likely to damage my washer/dryer, if I ever use the runner on a plastic folding table, I still wanted it to completely protect the surface from damage. I have three more of these blocks leftover, so I'll be making a smaller version of this runner as well, but that can wait a bit. This runner uses eight blocks.


DS the Younger sent me a family photo, and it amazes me how much the kids have grown. I haven't seen them since March, and I don't know when I'll get to see them again since they moved so much further away. I'm thankful for photos and video chats when I get them though! 

I'll be very busy over the next several days, and next week I have an appointment for my Covid booster, so we'll see how I feel after that. I felt fine after the last round, and my flu shot didn't bother me either, so we'll see. 

For those of you in the USA, have a great Thanksgiving, and no matter where you are, stay safe!



No comments: