Thursday, September 19, 2019

Plugging Along

 My summer cold decided it was up for a round 2. The cough is back with a vengeance, but still no fever, so I'm trying to wait it out. I've had pneumonia a couple times, so if I get a fever I'll go get a chest x-ray. I still think it's likely viral, in which case antibiotics won't help anything, so rest and hydration is likely my best bet. 

Even though I'm not incredibly motivated, I am getting some mindless sewing done. The block quarters from the last post are now sewn into windmill blocks.


I have enough light blue rail fence blocks for one quillow. In this photo there weren't quite enough dark blue blocks for a quillow, but I've made more now, and I'll have enough dark blue blocks for two quillows. I made the purple/pink rail fence blocks and I have enough for a baby quilt. 


These are the smallest size rectangles I cut, and I have a big project in mind for these. In fact, after I sew up all the different colors into larger rectangles like these, I'll likely have enough large blocks for multiple quilts. 


I've been cutting up my fabrics with neutral backgrounds into the same sizes I cut the colored strips. I do plan on making some log cabin blocks eventually, with either my brown strips or black strips as the other side. I have a lot of both brown and black, so we'll see. 

For the colors I need for my Christmas quillow project, I've exhausted my 2" strip bins. I'm going to go into the 1.5" cut strips next. I'll keep cutting up my 2" strips with the ideas I've already got going, but I do need to get all the blocks done for all the quillows I need for Christmas. I'd have less sewing if I used 2.5" strips, but the colors I ran out of in 2" strips, I am also low on in 2.5" strips. If I don't have enough in 1.5" strips, I may be going to the string bins! It's all good though, the Christmas quillow project was both a scrapbusting project and a way to cut costs this Christmas. Any scraps I bust is a plus, it doesn't matter what form they are in. 

I've gotten a bit of quilting done on a UFO, but I still have 3-4 hours work left to do on it. Since I only quilt an hour per day, and I don't usually quilt when DH is home...maybe by the end of next week it will be a finish. 

My must do quilt list for 2020 is growing. 
1) A little bird told me I'm likely going to have a wedding quilt to make, but no announcements have happened yet. 
2) I've got a granddaughter turning 2 next year, and I'll try to get her big girl bed quilt done for her second birthday. That shouldn't be too difficult, because the quilt top is finished, I just need to piece a backing and baste it so it can go into the quilting queue. 
3) I just found out I've got another grandbaby on the way! That will be a fun quilt to make, and the parents already gave me an idea of what they want. 

Those are my must do quilts so far, but add to that continued work on UFO's (of which I'm adding to regularly), and busting certain fabric categories I decided I want sewn up and out of here, it's looking like 2020 may be a busy quilting year!



No comments: