Thursday, September 5, 2019

Summer Cold

Colds stink any time of year, but for me, having one in the summer is especially insulting. When I'm sick I normally like soup, hot drinks,  and to curl up with a quilt, but when the temperatures are over 100 degrees outside, none of those options are quite as appealing. To be fair, I haven't had a cold for two years, so I suppose I was due for one. 

I'm not very motivated right now, as any activity leads to coughing fits, followed by lengthy sessions of nose blowing. I can't stand the idea of getting nothing done though, so even though my sewing sessions are a fraction of my normal ones, I'm still making some forward progress.


I got this weighted blanket done and mailed. The new owner should receive it today.


I finished this weighted blanket today. I was only up to filling half a blanket per day with this stupid cold, but even if it took longer, it still was finished. I have one blanket left to finish, then I'll evaluate how many pellets I have left. At first I was wondering if I had enough pellets for five blankets, but now I know I'll have extra after finishing the fifth blanket. 

My kids have been cheering me up in my cold induced stupor. Nothing like some fun pics of the grandkids to make me smile. 





Hopefully they made you smile too!


1 comment:

Katie Z. said...

I’m sorry about the cold; that’s miserable. Good for you for plugging away at something to help you feel better.