Thursday, December 16, 2021

21 Quilts in 2021

 I finished the Star Wars quilt, mailed it off and received video of the adorable recipient opening his gift! 



I had DH take photos of the quilt before I mailed it off, and I never actually checked his photos until now. Too funny, he had the quilt upside down, so to have the quilt right side up on the blog, I had to flip the photo upside down which makes the quilt look pretty weird, but whatever. Not all the fabrics are directional, so depending on which fabrics he was looking at he might not have realized there was a top and bottom. But, if you were wondering if someone was standing on their head to take the photo, hopefully that explains the weird perspective. 

That was my 21st quilt finish for the year, and likely my last. I do have a quilt I'm FMQ on, but it's a big one, and I've got a fairly busy schedule for the rest of the year, with sleepovers with the grandkids and some out of town company, so I'm not expecting to get another finish in this year. 


I am all caught up on Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt, Rhododendron Trail. Not all of the details are worked out as far as when I'll have the grandkids and which days I'll have company, so I have no idea if I'll be able to stay caught up on the mystery quilt. If I can at least get most of the cutting done for each step, I should be able to catch up easily enough later on. 



I still have four seams to sew to get the center of the night fairy quilt together, but since it was off the design wall, I got another quilt laid out, and yesterday I sewed this one into rows. This quilt is called Diamond Terrace, and I made it with a jelly roll I received for my birthday this year! That's a record on how fast I used a jelly roll! I plan to press all the rows today, and maybe I'll get them sewn together, maybe not. Since this one is now off the design wall, I can lay out another quilt, or I can start cutting one of the March deadline quilts. Of course no matter what I'm working on, I've always got leaders/enders going, so more quilts are being made in between assembling others. 

I think cutting may be what I can do over the last couple weeks of this year. Since I'll have company quite a bit of that time, if I get up early, I can cut and that's a quiet activity so I won't be waking anyone up. 



2 comments:

swooze said...

Beautiful work!

Cheryl said...

well, good news. Bonnies latest clue involves a lot of cutting! Your Star Wars quilt is fun, and I'm betting the recipient was delighted. Have a Blessed Christmas.