Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Merry Christmas!

I hope all of you that celebrate Christmas are happily ready and not franticly finishing things. This past weekend I was rushing around a bit, because although I was expecting a very low key quiet holiday, that's not the way things are working out, so I had more gifts to buy and stockings to stuff when I thought I was done. It's all good though, I'm being blessed with seeing some people I haven't seen in several years, and meeting a young person I've never met in person!

I've got company staying every day this week, but not all the same people, so there's lots of laundry and bed making going on around here. It's a bit like running a bed and breakfast! The only quilt related things I've gotten done this week is some cleaning up of the fabric room, because starting tomorrow I'll have to set up a cot in there for someone to sleep in there since the guest rooms will both be full! My fabric room was a disaster, so being forced to clean it up a bit was actually a blessing. 

I did get a bit of sewing done last week after I blogged. Not as much as I would have liked, but it's a busy time of year and it is what it is. The Diamond Terrace quilt that was on the design wall in my last post is fully assembled, but needs to be pressed before I hang it in the quilt closet. 

This was the next quilt on the design wall. I made a LOT of orange/yellow blocks a while back, in my scrap busting mode. This will be a good sized throw, and this one is in rows now.


I realized if I made two throws, I'd have an odd number of blocks left, but if I made a big center block, I could use all the extra blocks in a baby quilt. I looked through my block tool and came up with this block.



I really liked this block, and I think I may make a quilt with those as the main block. I think it was called Duck and chicks , which doesn't make much sense because baby ducks are ducklings, but whatever. 


This is how the baby quilt looks, and it's sewn into rows too.


I got the last of the yellow/orange blocks up on the design wall, but no sewing on these so far. 

As far as cutting goes, the only cutting I've gotten done is finishing the cutting for the blocks for my youngest granddaughter's quilt. That quilt has a March deadline. I still need to cut the sashing and borders, but I'll likely wait until I have the blocks done. 

I haven't cut anything for clue four of the mystery quilt, and I won't have a chance until early next week. Late next week I'll be back to having a houseful, so I'll only have a couple days where sewing time might be possible for the rest of this year! I knew there was a good chance the rest of this year would be a wash, so it's OK.

Merry Christmas and happy quilting if you've got time to!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a cheerful quilt that is going to make. LOVE it!!