Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Rollercoaster Ride

 Things have been in constant state of flux around here! It's just been crazy! The hospital here is short of nurses so DH has been covering for other nurses, then he finds out there is another hospital elsewhere in the state that is shorter on nurses, would he be interested in being detailed to another hospital temporarily. It's in the same medical system, so a temporary assignment is totally doable. Well, he said yes, and it it seems like the terms of him going are constantly changing. They want him two weeks, no, four to six weeks, or maybe 120 days, or maybe not at all. The hospital here is willing to let him go for six weeks, no two months, or maybe one month, or maybe not at all. No one is willing to give him info on lodging, even though it will be covered. We thought he'd be going this week, but now it looks like next week, but who knows??? I've packed, unpacked, made lists for various scenarios, this is crazytown! Details are literally changing multiple times per day, and it's really frustrating. 

To add in a complication, I've had a cold (NOT Covid) that has me coughing enough at night I spent a couple nights in the guest room so DH could sleep. During the day I'm pretty much fine, but get into bed and the coughing starts. Last night I hardly coughed at all, so definitely at the tail end of the cold now. Last week I had a great case of laryngitis and could only get out a croak, which is typical for me when I have a cold. I've been drinking a lot of tea, which is saying a lot because I don't really like tea. I'm a coffee girl. 

Since it looks like DH will be here this weekend, we're going to try to celebrate his birthday on Saturday. Not every day you turn 60. We never did get a family Christmas, so we're hoping to get a couple of our kids families to attend IF everyone is healthy. We've been cancelling things left and right if anyone is sick. I'm expecting my cold to be completely over by then, it's much better now, and I've already had it eleven days. 

Since I'm so out of sorts with other things, my quilting life is reflecting the chaos. I promised myself when February hit, I would drop everything and make the two March deadline quilts my priority. This past weekend I started getting ready for that change and I cut out the baby quilt, (and an unrelated king sized quilt kit, when the mood to cut strikes, I try to make the most of it). 


I not only got the baby quilt cut out, I sewed it into a top yesterday, this morning I pin basted it, and I'm already halfway done quilting it! 



I was thinking of quilting daisies on it, but when I sat down to quilt I opted for fans, because they looks like rainbows which better fits the sky theme. I'm hoping to finish this quilt tomorrow, then make the soft book "I Love You to the Moon and Back" that I bought a panel for. The burp rags are already made so if I get the quilt and book done I've got the baby gifts done! My niece asked for a moon and stars quilt, and it's more star than moon, but the book makes up for that I think. There are moons in the border fabric, and on the minky backing for the quilt, so there are moons on the quilt. I really like star quilts though, and this carpenter's star was a good choice since I was pressed for time. 

I started sewing the rows for my other March deadline quilt, but the baby quilt takes precedence. I did manage to finish assembling the three orange/yellow quilts I've had in rows for a few weeks. I normally press all quilt tops before they go into the quilt vault (A.K.A. sewing room walk-in closet) but right now I am far more concerned about getting stuff out of my way than putting it away neatly pressed. I sometimes have to press it again before I pin baste it, so this way I'll just press it once. 

After I get my deadline quilts done I can get back to the quilts I was working on, like the mystery. I finished another leader/ender project too, so it's ready to assemble into a quilt (or two). Oh, this weekend while cutting I kitted up the blocks for the first clue of the Ruby Jubilee Mystery in Quiltmaker magazine. I'm making mine with blue and neutral men's shirts, so maybe more of a sapphire jubilee! 




No comments: