Thursday, June 30, 2022

Goals Met...and Then Some

 Last week when I blogged, I had a list of goals to meet before company came tomorrow. Well, our guests are running ahead of schedule and will arrive today, but I met those goals anyway.

1) Finish quilt block design boards ☑️


I'll say this about the process, hot gluing is NOT my superpower! Still, I got the dozen boards I wanted done, and I'm happy to be able to use them. 

2) Make pattern weights ☑️


I made these for myself, and I also made a set for my sister, so maybe I deserve two check marks on those!

3) Get borders on at least two more quilts ☑️

Not only did I get borders on those two quilts, but I also got two more quilts assembled!

4) Get at least 3 quilts basted, but preferably 5. ☑️

I got SEVEN quilts basted, five baby/lap, and two throws.

*bonus goal- get the next clue cut out for the Ruby Jubilee mystery ☑️


The fourth clue had us making 12 blocks, and I had just finished making 12 block design boards, perfect! I'll still have to keep the magazine handy because the blocks on the bottom have a bunch of knocked off corners that I'll have to make sure I'm doing correctly, but it's still an easier way to keep the pieces for each block together.

Before I could baste quilts, I had several backings to piece. One backing I pieced from the fleece I got from the thrift store last week, it was just enough to back one of the quilts after I cut the long strip in half and pieced it. My favorite of the backings I pieced is this one.


I love how colorful and fun it is! 

Two of the quilts I basted I used the same fabric to back, and it was the end of a 25 yard bolt I had bought several years ago. Now I'll only see bits of that fabric in the scrap user system, the yardage is gone, gone, gone!

I'm really happy with my progress this past week, I won't have much, if any time to quilt in the next two weeks, but I'll be all set to get back to it when I can sew again. I'm taking advantage of the non-sewing time, and just packed up my Bernina to get dropped off at the "spa" tomorrow. It's overdue for a deep clean and this was the perfect time. If I do end up having some sewing time, I can piece on my vintage machine, or quilt on the Janome, no problem either way. I have a lot of cutting to do though, a few projects just got added and/or moved up on my to do list. 

No comments: