Thursday, August 18, 2022

A Working Plan

 Sometimes you make a plan, and it all falls apart for some reason. I've got a ridiculous number of projects to do right now, so I made a plan, and it actually seems like it's working! 

I've been consistent about FMQ an hour per day, and I've got a nice pile of quilts ready for binding. Last week I took the weekend off, and I think I'll do the same this weekend. My arm appreciates the break, but it's doing really well holding up to the stress of regular FMQ. 

Cutting garments isn't my favorite activity, so rather than push myself to get all the Christmas Nana Jama's cut out in a day or two, I've opted to cut out one pair per day instead. I've been able to stick with that too, so now all the adult pajama pants are cut out, as are the older kids, so now I'm down to the younger grandkids. The flannel I bought for the pajama pants is wider than average, so I've been able to make better use of the fabric than I expected. I'm almost finished the second bolt, and I will go into the third bolt I bought, but I'll have quite a bit of that bolt left. I may just use the rest of that third bolt to back a couple quilts. 

I finished making the luggage tags DH wanted.


I ended up making 88, which is enough for the scooter rally coming up, and enough left to give a few away at some upcoming events. 

I haven't been doing much piecing lately because I've been working on other sewing projects, but I got the September/October Quiltmaker magazine, and I've already pieced the blocks for the fifth clue of the Ruby Jubilee mystery.


I didn't follow the value recommendations for some of these blocks, because I was using what I had taken out. I was trying to make the whole quilt from the fronts of shirts where the pockets are. I've been able to do it, and I still have fabric left, but I didn't have enough darks to do the 6" squares with matching 3" corners from the darkest colors. I'm sure it will be fine in the finished quilt. 

I've started cutting out the quilt for the scooter rally, I'm feeling pressed for time since it's in early November. My plan is to sew all the rally bags before I start sewing the rally quilt. I had three sewing projects for the rally; luggage tags which are now finished, rally bags, and a quilt for the raffle. I'd like to get the rally bags finished next, because once I'm done those, I will be back to piecing, and I can use whichever project I want as leaders/enders while I work on that. 

I may be busy, but at least I feel like I'm making good progress on multiple fronts!


No comments: