Friday, April 21, 2023

Correction and a Finish

 When I posted about my Scrap Vomit Quilts, I said I couldn't link to the pattern because that link no longer worked. Well, I was right and wrong about that. The link to the blog where I got the pattern is defunct, BUT, the pattern is on another site and that is working.

If you wanted to make a Scrap Vomit quilt and need a pattern, here you go.

http://www.free-tutorial.net/2022/02/technicolour-yawn-aka-scrap-vomit-quilt.html

I used 2" cut squares in mine, not the 2.5" the pattern calls for so the measurements of mine are not the same. You can use the same method with any size squares, go smaller if you like and make a postage stamp quilt, or use bigger squares and make a bed size quilt quickly.


I did have an actual quilt finish this week. The quilt DH will be raffling off at Amerivespa in Flagstaff, AZ in June is now finished! When I was debating on which color thread to quilt it with, I found that a spool of thread my mom gave me was a good choice, so that's what I used. 

Besides that finish I haven't sewn much this week. What I thought was just sleeping wrong ended up being a damaged ligament in my leg. Sitting is not very comfortable at all, so I'm only sewing very short stints at a time. I'm doing my physical therapy exercises and I've got some meds that will hopefully sort things out a bit more quickly, but until then I'm only doing what I can tolerate. 

DD#1 has been cheering me up with pics of the new baby goat on their homestead.


Here he is with Mama.


This marking on his back earned him the name Batman.

I already sewed a bit today and caught up on my temperature quilt. I've found doing the units a week at a time easiest to stick with. In a bit, I'll go back to assembling another quilt made with 2" cut squares, this time in a patriotic colorway. Any progress is good, even if it's slow!

No comments: