Friday, April 28, 2023

What's Red and White and Blue All Over?

 An American Patriotic quilt of course!


I had a bunch of patriotic scraps cut into 2" squares, and I had some scraps of blue wide backing fabric, so I put those together, and voila, a scrappy patriotic quilt! Well, a quilt top at any rate 😉 This quilt used 608 2" squares, bringing my total to 10,862 2" squares sewn into quilt tops.

Obviously I am not one of those people who needs all the stripes in a quilt going the same direction! I like the movement stripes create when they are going every which way.

The April murder mystery quilt blocks are still warm from the iron.



My leg and hip are still causing problems, and I was warned that ligaments take a while to heal. I finally was thinking straight enough today to make the murder mystery blocks, but most of the week I've only been working on making units for quilt blocks. I haven't even been assembling the blocks, just sewing up easy units for several quilts. 

Making easy units like four patches and nine patches are a good thing to do when you're hurting, and can only sew for short sessions at a time. Until my leg is all healed up, I'm cutting myself some slack and will only work on what I feel like doing since sitting hurts. I don't have any pressing deadlines right now, so if I had to be somewhat out of commission, the timing wasn't bad. 

DD#1's other pregnant goat had her kids, and she had triplets!



What are the odds of her having a blonde, a brunette and a redhead? The redhead is the only girl of all four new kids, the rest are boys. I love seeing pics of all the baby animals, and I'm hoping I get to see them in person before too long. 

No comments: