Friday, August 25, 2023

Steampunk Scooter Finish

The quilt I made for For a Few CC's More 5 scooter rally is finished!


This quilt with be raffled off along with some some other prizes at the scooter rally in November, then all proceeds from the raffle will go to the Food Bank of Southern Arizona! I hope it makes a lot of money for the food bank, and I hope whoever wins it, loves it! I've been wanting to make a steampunk scooter quilt for years, and I'm glad it finally came time to make it! 

There's been a lot more going on around here than just finishing the rally quilt. I finished the top for a doll quilt that has a deadline, I'm working frantically on a baby quilt for a baby due in October. I cut out a Christmas quilt for DD#2 that I promised for her birthday, also in October! 

I've been cutting out burp rags, and I've got more cut out than I need for the next two babies, but not as many I'd like to get cut. At least I can start sewing those up for the two babies I know are on the way. 

I got the binding sewn on one of the quilts in the binding queue.


This was one of the quilt tops I made in Yuma. It's finish #16 for the year, so I am on target to get my annual goal of 24 quilts made this year. On a year where my main focus is finishing quilts, and I don't have a bunch of deadline quilts, I've gotten around 40 quilts finished. On a bad year, I've finished as few as 4. My normal goal is to average 2 finishes per month, or 24 per year. The thing is, 11 of my 16 finishes this year were also started this year. I have mixed feelings about that. On one hand, any finish is a good thing, and anything finished in the same year it's started is never a UFO. One the other hand, I'm not working my way through my backlog of UFO's as quickly as I'd like. 

Our schedule is really filling up! I think the next six months are going to go by in a blur. I have 12 nights of grandkid sleepovers on my calendar, which should be great fun, as well as a couple birthday parties to throw, the scooter rally to host, the holidays, and a family reunion to host in February! It's all good stuff, and I'll have sewing time in between all the busy-ness. I'm going to enjoy this hectic season of life, knowing that the grandkids will grow up all too fast, and not want sleepovers with Nana and Pappy anymore, the people who come to the next family reunion, may not be here for the one after that, DH won't always be wanting to run a scooter rally, and life will get quiet. I'm going to soak up the activities and chaos and people while I can, so when life gets quiet, I'll be able to think about all the wonderful blessings I've been given. 

No comments: