Thursday, December 7, 2023

Clue 2 done!

So far I'm keeping up on Bonnie Hunter's Indigo Way mystery. I'm not counting on keeping up the whole time, but so far I have.


Here's my colorway. My "red" is peach and one fabric, and my "neutral" is lilac and one fabric, so all my units are identical in this clue. I still have to trim dog ears but I can do that while watching tv.


Here are my units in Bonnie's colorway, made with men's shirts. I have no idea how the units will be in the quilt. These are pretty versatile units. I was just playing around with them. I need to trim the dog ears on these too. 


I finished MY Christmas quilt this morning. It's notable when I make a quilt for our house, and the fact I got it finished the same year I started it when it's for us is amazing! Usually I put stuff for us on the backburner. I started a quilt for our bed two years ago and I still haven't assembled the blocks into a top yet, nevermind get it it quilted. I backed this quilt with flannel so it's nice and snuggly. 

I've got two grandkids this weekend, so it won't be the easiest start for clue 3. The Viking Murder mystery quilt reveal comes out next week, so that's a LOT to do. We're celebrating Christmas with the family on the 17th, so I'll be able to catch up a bit when everyone else is ramping up for the holiday. 

I got most of the gift wrapping finished today. The three packages that needed mailing got sent out yesterday. I'm still waiting on one Christmas gift, and I have a birthday gift that needs wrapping, but it just arrived today. I should get DH another gift as well, but I've not been able to think of anything good. We still haven't gotten the Christmas tree or other decorations up, and I'm thinking that will start tonight. The grandkids can help with decorating the tree tomorrow when they get here!

No comments: