Thursday, July 11, 2024

Sedona and Finish #18

 DH and I were in Sedona, AZ from July 4-8. It was hot, hotter than we thought it would be. We still got to drive around and look at the red rocks, and we also took a day trip to Flagstaff which was much cooler. Most of the Flagstaff hotels were booked solid which is why we didn't go there to begin with. The only hotel rooms remaining were crazy expensive, and we aren't crazy expensive kind of people. In Sedona we stayed at a resort for a fraction of it's normal price because of the heat.









I'm not a great photographer, but those should give you an idea of how pretty Sedona is. 

On our day trip to Flagstaff, we went to a bunch of thrift stores looking for stuff for me to upcycle for Christmas. I didn't find everything I was looking for, but I did find quite a bit, and mostly stuck to my list. The only thing I bought that wasn't on the list was one bag of fabric and a bag of buttons. I'm always joking around with DH that he's blessed to have married a women who much prefers thrift stores to the mall! 

We towed one of DH's scooters to Sedona, and he spent a couple of the days riding while I stayed at the hotel and sewed. 


I got all the units for another Christmas present sewn up, and I started on the units for a quilt.


I've finished the units for the quilt since I've been home, but I still need to snip all the dog ears. The big triangles are from the same jelly roll as the units in the bag, but the background fabrics are actually different. Both navy, but one is a mottled blender fabric, the other a vine tonal fabric. I'm really happy to get two projects from a single jelly roll.

I had started FMQ the last quilt I had basted before we left on vacation, and I've finished it since we've been home. I'm behind my goal for the year, but 18 quilts finished by mid-July is still pretty good. 


I finished sewing the binding on this morning. I've basted two quilts already this week, and I have a third laid out to baste this afternoon. That should keep me busy for a bit, especially since I have little time to sew this month. I get two of my granddaughters starting tomorrow, and I'll have them for a week. They need sewing lessons before they move away in the fall. Next week they'll be doing the sewing, not me! 



No comments: