Thursday, July 18, 2024

Sewing with Grandkids

I've got two of my granddaughters for the week, and it's been fun having them! The hardest thing this week has been trying to keep them excited about their big move coming up, while I'm sad for me that they are moving away. I actually think they are making a good move for them, Missouri will be much easier to homestead in than Arizona. So I am genuinely excited for them, just sad for us because we'll miss them all. I'm sure we'll end up visiting, but not next year because it's already pretty packed. I think 2026 is looking good for a visit, but that's a long time from now. At least they aren't moving back to South Africa, Missouri is much closer than that! 




DD#1 has been sending pics of the area they are moving to. We lived in Missouri for several years, and I loved it. One funny thing is they will be living near the river DH used to canoe in as a kid, when they were camping on the way from Arizona to visit relatives in Indiana. 

The girls and I have been busy with sewing lessons.



They both love cats and this fabric has cats all over it. I got to give them a lesson on directional fabrics when they were cutting out the pattern.


Today the girls are wearing their new skirts for our double sister date. Every week my sister and I go out shopping and out to lunch. This week these sisters are coming with us, so it's a double sister date. I've been stocking a sewing box for the girls, and I need to pick up a couple extra things to go in it. I had extra sewing shears, but I need to buy a small pair of thread snips, a seam ripper, a point turner, and some hand sewing needles. I had already purchased extra bobbins, a bobbin saver, machine oil, a lint brush, some sewing rulers for measuring hems, pins, and such. I ended up ordering a new foot pedal for the machine she's getting. Somehow something was spilled on the cord and plugs and I can't get it off. I'm afraid it would be a fire hazard, and I'd rather spend the money on a new power cord and foot pedal than send her with something that could be a safety issue. 

Next week I should have a good amount of sewing time, before I am dog sitting the week after! 

No comments: