Sunday, April 5, 2015

Still Alive



I hadn't realized I didn't post after our trip! So much has been going on, including a crisis that I won't get into, my blog has been low on the priority list. I am no photographer, but here are a few pics from our trip to Show Low, AZ. None of these pics were taken in Show Low itself, except for the antique quilts.








These pics are taken in Salt River Canyon.
 


This pic was taken on highway 78 looking towards Mt Graham

We found several antique quilts while checking out some of the antique stores in Show Low. I only took photos of a couple.

  Isn't the green sashing huge in comparison to the blocks? I'm thinking most of today's quiltmakers would not go for that, but I kind of like the look.

This was my favorite quilt of the ones I saw on this trip. It wasn't the best made, nor the most complicated, but look at how scrappy it is! Usually in a square in a square block, the corners match, but not these, they didn't even use a light/dark pattern. It was really an anything goes quilt, and I love it.

I haven't had a whole lot of time to sew, not to mention I've been sick for three weeks now. I just took my last antibiotic, and I'm still sick, so really not very motivated.

Per usual, we've moved a holiday, so we haven't celebrated Easter yet. I did end up making a ham dinner today, but it was just the five of us that live here, and dinner was actually pretty simple. I'm not sure yet if we're celebrating Easter next Sunday or the week after that. Hopefully I'll be coughing less by then. I know several people who have had this crud for a month, so I'm not sure when I'll finally quit coughing. I was hoping the antibiotics would get rid of my ear infection, and I still have it too, so it was kind of a bust all the way around.

Maybe later this week I'll actually put up some photos of something I've been working on.

No comments: