Friday, January 15, 2016

Baby Quilt Top


As often happens when I use baby quilts as my leader/ender project, I have the baby quilt top done before my main project. This isn't a great photo, I'll get a better one once it's quilted.

I'm seeing the light at the end of clue 4 of Allietare! I only have 10 more sets of clue 4 to do, 5 in each colorway. Since I'm planning on using hourglass blocks as my centers  in the shirt colorway, I'm now piecing those as leaders/enders, and I'll have those done soon. I did get a few more blocks assembled this week for the brights colorway mystery quilt.

I need to get the next baby quilt due cut out, so I can assemble it as leaders/enders while I'm getting blocks for the mystery quilts together. I'm planning minimal quilting on both baby quilts, so if I can get them both pin-basted, I could probably quilt them both in a day. Both quilts are equilateral triangles, and I'll probably just use a walking foot and quilt on both sides of the seams. I can't quilt them until I get the second top done though! As it turns out, I don't actually need the first one done this month like I thought, it can wait until next month.

Tomorrow we have a birthday party happening, and that should be fun. I don't think I'll get much, if any, sewing done this weekend.






No comments: