Thursday, July 18, 2019

My Family






We think it's been 8 years since we had all five of our kids together, but we couldn't find any photographic evidence of that. If it wasn't then, it was 12 years ago, before DD#1 moved to South Africa.

Last weekend, we had all five kids for a couple hours. It was only a couple hours, but those hours were priceless. We were missing one son-in-law, but we had the other four spouses and lots of grandkids.



^This is the whole gang.



^DH and I with our five.

The last photographic evidence we found with all five was this pic from 12 years ago.


This was taken right before DD#1 moved to South Africa.






They recreated the photo and the youngest said it was much harder this time ;-)

I wanted a photo of the three youngest grandbabies, which turned out to be be too much to ask.



This was the best of those, and it's not a great photo. These three grandbabies are less than a year apart in age. Our oldest grandson is turning 10 this month, so mostly they are pretty spread out, but these three came rapid fire!

I've still got a houseful of company. Both my sons have gone home. One almost came back due to a gas leak, but they got that sorted. DD#2 and family are here because their air conditioning is out, and due to an emergency in South Africa, I'll have three grandkids for two weeks while DD#1 and DSIL see to that. I've got various other grandkids staying the night here and there due to childcare issues, so it's been crazy around here. 

I doubt any sewing will happen until at least mid August for me. I may do some sewing with the grandkids that are staying two weeks. We've had so many people in the house, all my sewing cabinets in the sewing room are folded up and there's an air mattress in there. In the last ten days we went from 2 people, to 5, to 10, to 11, to 13, to 5, and in the next couple days we'll be up 2 for one night, then up 6, down 3. DD#2 is a complete unknown, because they are waiting for a new air conditioner to be installed in there house. The inside of their house is almost 100 degrees, and with a newborn that's not a good situation. Best to be flexible and just go with the flow. 

If I don't get a chance to blog, don't worry, I'm just crazy busy with family.

No comments: