Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Two Finishes for July!

 I took a tip from my June quilting, and worked on two quilts that could be quilted with the same color of thread, and bound the same as well. 

I really love these super bright batiks I was given. I did add some of my own batiks to the mix, but I made three quilt tops from the fabrics I was given. This is the first one finished, and quilt number 13 for the year. It's a larger throw. The other two are not the same pattern.


You've seen these blocks before! I made three quilt tops from these black/neutral log cabin blocks. The other two are twin sized, and I may or may not have finished those, I honestly can't remember. At any rate, I do remember this is the smallest of the three, it's a large baby sized or kid quilt. 

I used a black thread on both of these quilts, and just did a simple meander. The black thread was very fine, so it doesn't show up much, even on the light areas. 

July is the seventh month, and I've got 14 quilts done, so right on target. I'm actually hoping the second half of the year is even more productive, because I've got so much prepped and ready to go. I've still got 9 quilts basted, I've got multiple quilts cut out, and how's this for leader/enders?

This tote is completely filled with blocks that are easy to use as leader/enders. All Civil War reproduction fabrics, so it's going towards my busting those fabrics goal too! 



I took these fabric scraps from my latest basting spree and processed those before they even hit my scrap bin. My scrap user system is outgrowing its designated area again, so when I get a few of the projects I have cut out sewn, I'll be looking for an idea to use up some of those strips. The thing about sewing a lot is, the more you sew, the more scraps you have, so you sew more scraps, but make more scraps. Good thing I enjoy working with scraps! I had a bunch of bird fabric scraps, so I'm thinking I'll make a bird quilt (or two), and I had a very large scale print of African animals, that I used most of on the back of a quilt, but I think I have enough left to be the focus in another quilt. The bird fabrics and the animal fabrics were not all cut to the same sizes. I've been wanting to do something more improv lately, and if I go through my orphan blocks and scraps to make more units, I think I can add to the multi-sized blocks and come up with some fun quilts. I haven't done anything like that for a while, and it sounds like fun!




No comments: