Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Fourth Finish of 2020

I promised myself a while back I wouldn't start any more mystery quilts until I had finished all the ones I had started. I just finished the last mystery quilt on my UFO list. I still have a really long UFO list, this is just the last of the mystery quilt UFO's.


This is Bonnie Hunter's Allietare mystery quilt. I made it in two colorways at the time, and as it happened, both quilts ended up going to grandchildren. 


This was the other version of Allietare I made. It's made mostly of men's shirts. The bright version looks quite a bit different since I used the background fabric for the setting triangles and borders. I also changed the pattern in the men's shirt version and used hour glass blocks in place of the large squares.

I've realized that on mystery quilts, I love the challenge of trying to "keep up" but as soon as the reveal is out my interest wanes. I might try making half the units next time I decide to try one.  I do really love most of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt patterns. 

I am currently working on a couple baby quilts, as well as several UFO's at different stages. I'm hoping my next blog will show a couple baby quilt tops, I've got the blocks done for two, and I've cut the sashing for the one that needs it. I hope to start assembling those two quilt tops tomorrow. 


Mr. LJ has a new favorite thing. He came across a crocheted water bottle holder my mom made, and now he carries it everywhere with him. In this pic his sippy cup is in it, but he'll carry it around empty as well. 

I hope all of you are doing well, and keeping calm in these weird times. Time for me to go draw some lines on squares for sewing up tomorrow!




No comments: