Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Trio of Tops

 I've been beyond busy this week. I got three quilt tops sewn together. 


This quilt top from bargello leftovers finally got it's borders. I suppose I could add another border all the way around, but I'm not going to, I like the size it is now. I also don't have anything in stash that would work as a border for this, and I'm not buying anything for that. 



The last wedding quilt of 2021 is now a top. I didn't spread it flat for a photo, it's just draped over my cutting table, but you get the idea. This pattern is Film At Five, which I've made two other times scrappy as shown in the tutorial, but this time I subbed big novelty prints for the 25 patches. 

The last quilt top is the trippy looking Cascade quilt I showed a couple posts ago. I didn't take a new photo.

Yesterday I was sewing like mad, and got five quilts sewn into rows. None of these quilts will be getting borders. One good thing about sewing so many quilts into rows is I don't have time to overthink the layouts, which can be a sticking point for me. 

The first quilt sewn into rows was a girly throw I had on the design wall a while back. 



^This is the boys version of the same quilt, but this one is one row larger each dimension. It's in rows too.


^The rail fence blocks I made from scraps a while back and then cut up are now in rows for three quilt tops. This was my first one. I alternated X's and O's.



^For my second I opted for a herringbone setting. 


^The third I just kept all the HST's in the same direction. 

I've pressed all the rows for all five quilt tops, but I won't get another chance to sew until next week. I've got grandkids the rest of this week, then company this weekend. 

I finalized my plan for the Star Wars quilt I need to make. I need 24 different fabrics, because the quilt will be 48 blocks and I didn't want more than two blocks with each fabric. I can actually get enough from each fat quarter for four blocks, so I'll just make two quilts at once. I only need one right now, but I know an extra Star Wars quilt won't sit around long. I tried to only buy fat quarters, but there were a couple fabrics I found that I had to get 1/2 yards, and one or two I had to get full yards. Some of the Star Wars fabric will go into stash, but not much, I'll be using as much as I can right away. I ordered all of those fabrics online, so now I'm waiting for them to arrive. Hopefully they'll get here in a timely manner, so I can get started on that quilt, but I've got plenty to keep me busy in the meantime. 




2 comments:

swooze said...

Great progress! How are you feeling? Any more decluttering happening?

Katie Z. said...

Wow! Good job getting so much done.