Friday, February 17, 2023

Memory Projects Done!


The last of the memory projects are finished. The large pillow shams went to DD#2's MIL, as it was her father who passed away. I had two extra small Dresdens from the ties, so I made the two small pillows for our mutual grandsons. 


I also got February's murder mystery blocks finished.


The quilt for my great niece on the way is finished too! This one is made from leftover border pieces from the crazy quilt, and I added the white background fabric from stash. I really wanted butterfly fabric for the border, and the only one I had in stash that was a large enough piece for the border was that purple tonal. I knew I wanted narrow strips separating the piano keys from the white, and I wanted a fresher look than the typical purple/pink girl combo. That peach was just what I was looking for, and again it was from stash. The white has different sized polka dots in a lot of the colors that are in the piano keys.  I wanted to use minky as the backing, but I couldn't find any purple that was a good match to the front. I wanted a smooth minky, not the one with bumps on it as I personally don't like the way that one looks quilted. I could have gotten the one with bumps in a peach that matched, but I wouldn't do it. After much searching, I found a purple fleece with butterflies that matched well enough for the backing. That ended up being the only purchase for this quilt. 

I've been sewing long hours this week, but aside from these things have little to show for it. I've got a couple quilts into rows, but haven't finished a quilt top. I'm working on some misc quilt blocks that were already cut, but I haven't finished all of those either. I really want to baste a couple more quilts, but didn't do that, and I haven't quilted the other four pillow shams I need to make. I started cutting out a deadline quilt I need for June, but that's not done either. I decided to make two of those, and I've got the focus fabrics cut out for both of them, I just need to cut borders, sashing and accent pieces for them. I'm only using three different fabrics for those parts, so it won't take that long. Next weeks goals are to finish what I didn't get done this week. If I can do that, I'll be happy. 

Once those things are done, I'll be changing gears, and going back into sewing up the scraps mode. 

No comments: