I'm inching ever closer to my goal of finishing 24 quilts this year!
I've made this block a lot of times, but usually I do a scrappy dark/light thing for an allover pattern on the quilt. This version I'm more thinking of as a Diamond Tile pattern. This quilted up nicely on my new Bernina.
Earlier this year I took some fabrics out of my stash that I no longer wanted in it. Since I have SOOOOOOO many quilt tops in the quilt closet, rather than just donate the fabric, I decided to use them for quilt backings. This is pretty typical of how I've been making quilt backings lately. I didn't have enough of the Peanuts fabric to do the whole back, and my quilt top was wider than WOF. I looked in my fabric drawers, that has fabric up to one yard, and found something that worked with the Peanuts fabric. I didn't need to it to match, sometimes I think contrasting is actually better. I cut the Peanuts fabric vertically, off center on purpose, so I could add in the other fabric. Now I've only got small scraps of both fabrics left, and it's cut to Scrap User sizes, and will get used in a scrap quilt or two. Busting two fabrics out my my yardage is a win, finishing another UFO is a win, and I'll take it!
No comments:
Post a Comment