So far this year, all of my finishes have been UFO's, and this one is no different. It's another quilt I pieced in a hotel.
It's nothing fancy, but I did bust a lot of squares with white, black, or gray backgrounds. I used a black/white stripe on the binding, which I think was pretty fun.
I stuck to the black/white/gray theme for the backing. That animal print is such a huge scale, that I was stuck on how to use it on a quilt. I have the same print in sepia, and just like this one, it's likely to be used on the back of a quilt. I don't remember buying such large scale prints, so possibly someone gave them to me. I could have picked them up a thrift store, I'm less picky about what I buy if I pick it up secondhand. I'm virtually positive I did not buy it new, I just don't think I'd have paid full price for something on that scale. The center fabric was just what I had on hand to make the backing the width I needed.
I'm really glad I took the time to pull fabrics off the shelves that I wanted out of stash. That animal fabric was unlikely to be used when mixed with my stash for quilt tops, but busting it as a backing? That works!


No comments:
Post a Comment