I did buy a new quilt pattern for DD#3 wedding quilt. It is a bargello pattern, which I've never made. I started to panic when I saw the pattern calls for 1 inch strips! I think I am going to cut the strips larger. I originally thought of 1 1/2 inch strips, but that will double each dimension of the quilt and make it a large king. I think I'll go with 1 1/4 inch strips instead. I was thinking I was going to have add several borders to get the quilt the right size, but I think enlarging the strips will work better. I was not expecting to have to use such small strips. The pattern is called 'Springtime', but DD#3 has changed all the colors to jewel tones. Seems to me 'Springtime' has turned to 'Winter'. I have several projects I need to finish before I start on the wedding quilt. The wedding is in July, but the reception will be in October. If I get it done for October, I'll be happy.
A Garden Party of Scrappy Fun!
21 hours ago