I finished three quilts today. I used up some of that scrappy binding I just made too. These are all quilted with the same curlicue pattern.
This snail trail quilt is 39x45 inches. ^
This quilt made from orphan blocks is 43x49 inches. ^
My grandbaby's cat quilt is 50x60 inches. ^ DD wanted satin binding so that's what it has. She always liked silky feeling blanket edges.
Here is the back of the cat quilt. ^ I thought I had enough backing fabric, but noooooo. It couldn't be that easy. I used the rest of the border fabric and the single leftover cat body block to piece the back. It worked out well that the leftover block was purple like the binding. It almost looks like I did it that way on purpose.
I tried to start quilting another quilt, but my tension is way off, so I had to rip it all out. I'll adjust the tension tomorrow, and try again. I didn't do enough adjusting when I changed to new thread. Hey, I used my frustration to bind three quilts, so it worked out. It's actually a good thing I did rip it out. As was was ripping, I found a tiny hole in the backing fabric. The backing is long enough that I can move the quilt down and avoid that spot, so it was to my advantage that things worked out that way.