Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Some of my Quiltmaker Test Blocks

At this point, I would have to go through the Quiltmaker 100 blocks volumes 3 and 4 to see which blocks came from which magazine. I tried to stick with a black background with bright fabrics theme when possible so I could eventually make a sampler quilt. I actually have about 15 blocks with a black background, but I chose 12 to make a quilt with right now.

The block in the upper lefthand corner was supposed to have embroidery in the center. I didn't do the embroidery, so I will probably applique a couple flowers in that block. The block in the second row down center is my favorite of these blocks. It was an "I can't believe I made that!" block for me.

I have been debating on how to set the blocks, I debated on point, with alternating plain blocks with cool quilting, and using the blocks as a border around a bigger center block (I was thinking a Carpenter's Star) I decided to go with a more complicated sashing/cornerstone plan. I am going to make a five rail sashing, but I am still playing with cornerstone ideas. The sashing will be out of the fabrics above. I haven't decided on borders at all.

No comments: