Friday, June 12, 2015

Crafting on the Go

I'm on a trip, but that doesn't mean the crafting was left behind. I brought three car projects with me, and one machine project.


So far I've only worked on one car project. I was way behind making names of new family members for our Christmas tree. I still need to whipstich around the names in red, but good progress so far. A pencil box makes a great place to kit things up. See those folding scissors? I think my mom gave me those when I was about ten. The scissors are on one end, a pin cushion on the other, and you can hang it on your neck. I still use it regularly.


Here are some of the blocks I made as my machine project. I got 12 blocks finished, with another 30 or so partially done. My machine time is finished for this trip, so I'll continue the pineapple quilt when I get home. I usually overcut on a project, but for the pineapple quilt I already know I didn't cut enough. The only problem with that is I have no more batiks or grey on blacks to cut up. I kitted all I had. So, I need to buy more, and there goes my no-buy pledge. DH insists any fabric bought on vacation doesn't count, so maybe if we hit a few quilt shops, I can get the needed fabric before we get home. I still say its cheating, but I have to get fabric to finish the quilt, and it needs to be completed this year, so I can't wait. I'm not going to feel too bad about it, since I'll be using it immediately, and not just putting it in stash. I've made it 7 1/2 months without buying fabric, so not too shabby anyway. 


1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

How are those pineapples coming along now that you've been home a while? I hope you found the fabric that you needed (or an acceptable substitute!) It's beautiful and I would hate to see it disappear to the depths of the UFO pile.