Friday, December 29, 2017

Quick Post

This is going to be a quick post, because we are celebrating Christmas tonight. I've got the lasagna ready to go into the oven, the chicken cooked and ready to go into the alfredo once it's made, and the desserts are done, so I've got a few minutes.


I got the top done for one of my nieces. This was one of the quilts I was trying to get to top stage before January 1.


I remembered I had promised DD#2 I'd make her some cloth coasters, since her little one has managed to break most of her other ones. They are coming down for Christmas today, so I was working on her coasters last night, while the desserts were in the oven.

I have another quarter done on DD#3's quilt, so only one quarter to go! I'm using a border print fabric for the borders on that quilt, and I got that cut out yesterday. Some of those border prints are just gorgeous, but fussy cutting three yard long strips is not that fun. Actually, if I'm honest, I don't like fussy cutting anything!

I had hoped to get DD#3's wedding quilt together as a top before January 1, but that's doubtful now. I won't have a chance to sew again until Sunday, and I'm only halfway done one row for the last quarter. It's been taking me a two-three days to do one quarter, depending on what else is going on that day. At least with the borders ready to go on, I feel like I'm close.

I'll definitely work on that fourth quarter on Sunday, but what I work on New Year's Day depends entirely on where I am on the UFO Queen's list for Stashbusters Yahoo group. I joined the UFO challenge for the first time. I've been  member of Stashbusters for years, and I've done the no-buy challenge, as well as the WIPs and WHIMMs challenge, but didn't really need the UFO challenge until now. The last two years my sewing time has been quite limited, and it shows in how many UFO's I have. UFO's are taking up far too much space in my house and my head, and 2018 needs to be a finishing year.

No comments: