Friday, June 28, 2019

It's a Top!

This past week has been a lot of fun with DS the Younger and his family.


Here is Mr. X knocking down his Daddy's block tower. 


We were blessed with 3 grandchildren in just under 12 months. The blonde in blue (Miss E) is the oldest of those three, and DD#1 and her DH snagged both the babies for a meet and greet. 


Here's Mr. X and Mama meeting the youngest of the latest round of grandkids. 


DS the younger hadn't gotten to meet his nephew yet, and this was taken at DD#2's house. This time DS the Younger and DDIL snagged the extra baby for a photo. These two boys are 4 months apart in age, but now much different in size. Mr. T is a big boy!

I am very thankful I chose such a simple pattern for Mr. J's dinosaur quilt! Even with company, I found a few minutes here and there to sew. This morning after DS the Younger and family left for home, and I stripped the beds because we have different company for the weekend, I sewed the last borders on Mr. J's quilt.


I quickly pinned it up on the design wall, just to take a photo. I'll take a better one once I have the quilting done. I needed to make the quilt longer than the pattern, so I added that strip of dinosaur fabric both above and below the footprint border. The outer border is dinosaur skeletons that glow in the dark, so that should be a fun surprise. 

I have company for this whole weekend, then I have about 10 days before the next round of company. During that ten days I MUST finish the dinosaur quilt. Mr. J's birthday is right after that company leaves, and a doubt I'll have any sewing time during their visit. 

No comments: