Thursday, August 8, 2019

Shhhhh.....

.....My house is quiet. For the first time in weeks my house is actually quiet. I love all of the people who came to visit, but six weeks of company all in a row is a LOT. 

My sister knew I was going a bit crazy, and she knew my dream is a cabin in the woods, so one day during the chaos I got this in the mail.


It was a nice pick me up in the midst of all the busy-ness.




The grandkids I had for two weeks got to play with my fabric markers and make themselves new shirts. 



I did get pillowcases done with the boys too. I had five migraine days in the two weeks the kids were here, so it's amazing we got anything done. All the stress and lack of sleep is doing me in, and I am definitely feeling that I can't keep up to old activity levels. 



I did take some time and sub-cut strips while the kids were here, so I have plenty to sew up now that they are gone, but really, I need a few days of just doing nothing. 

My house cleared out yesterday, and today DD#3 came over and helped me clean, more she cleaned while I mostly rested and did a couple things here and there. I've got all the guest beds remade with clean linens, so they are ready for more company, though I'm honestly hoping for a bit of a break. I've got all the laundry done aside from my hamper, which I'll tackle tomorrow. DH is working today, and when DD#3 and I went out to lunch, I brought half my lunch home to be my dinner this evening, so I am free for the rest of the day! I'm thinking some leisurely reading, putting my feet up, and just enjoying the quiet is a good way to spend my evening. 

No comments: