Friday, October 11, 2019

UFO Finish

All piecing and no quilting gets nothing finished, so I spent my hour a day quilting until I actually had a finish!


This a nice throw sized quilt, made from bonus HST's from two baby quilts I made early last year.


This was one of the baby quilts, and I made two just alike. The Flying Geese units in the baby quilt finish at 4x8, so by double sewing the sew and flip corners, I didn't even have to short the seam to get bonus HST's that finish at 3".

Between the two baby quilts and the throw I used every bit of that blue in my stash. I did make a few extra units for the throw, but most of the HST's were just bonus from the flying geese units. I know a lot of quilters don't like doing sew and flip corners, and that's fine by me. I love them, because playing with bonus HST's is one one of my favorite things to do. I feel like I got a free quilt, even though in reality I sewed just as much, it feels like less to me. 

No comments: