Thursday, January 30, 2020

January a Bust? I Think Not

I must admit, January has not had as much sewing in it as I would have liked. It also hasn't as much cutting in it as I'd have liked. I can't say it's a bust though, because January has had some great family time in it, and that's a win!

I had a great time last weekend with four grandkids in the house. The little ones did much better than I expected, though Saturday night I got to stay up with the baby. Boy, nothing makes you feel older like staying up with a fussy baby. I'm glad I had my babies young!

I did get a bit done this week.


I pulled fabrics and started cutting for the next grandbaby quilt. The baby is coming in March, I need to get going on this one!


The nine blocks I had done last week have turned into forty blocks now.


I took the time to sort out more blocks and have each block worth of pieces clipped together. I can use these as leaders/enders more easily if I'm not having to chose combinations. 

The red, white, and blue quilt that was on the design wall in my last post is now in rows. I also finished assembling the center of Visual Frustration. 


This UFO has been on my Tin Lizzie table for too long now, so I'm trying to get back in the habit of FMQ for one hour per day. I should easily finish quilting this tomorrow. This quilt was made from leftovers from a wedding quilt, made six years ago! It's time to get it finished, it's been lying around long enough!

Not a ton to show for my week, but progress is progress, and I'll take it!

No comments: