Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Revolving Doors

DH and I joke around that we should have put revolving doors on our house. We seem to have people in and out on a regular basis. Sometimes it's just out of town company, sometimes it's people needing a place to stay for a while. 

This week we'll have both of those. DD#2 and family will be here Friday night to stay just one night, then on Saturday, DD#3's family will be temporarily moving in. I've spent more time moving things around this week than quilting, but I think we are ready! I had to completely reorganize our small storage room so I could get some totes out from under the stairs which is where their dog crate will go. I also put up one of the basting tables in my fabric room, and have totes stored under that table.


I always have people comment on how organized my stuff is, so this photo should make you feel better, I make big messes too! The totes that have stuff I want to work on very soon are under this table, some totes I won't be using are now in the storage room instead of under the stairs where they were. Three of these totes are filled with my second sister's clothes, and I really want to get her clothes cut soon for memory quilts. 

On top of the table there are so many things! The weighted blanket top I assembled this week is on there, a mountain of flannel for burp rags I want to cut is next to that. I have a bolt of Wrap and Zap batting with my bowl cozy die on top, and the panel I made to cut up for borders for the Visual Frustration quilt is at the end. One of these totes could probably be emptied pretty easily, I've emptied several totes over the past month. 

I finished cutting another quilt for my scrap busting spree. I am going to make a yellow and orange quilt with blocks made of concentric squares. I'm really looking forward to that!


The leftover squares I have of Civil War reproduction fabric has been turned into four patches. I ended up with 220 four patches, but since they'll only finish at 3" that's not saying much. I want to use hourglass blocks as alternating squares, but I haven't decided which colors to use for my hourglass blocks, so for now these are just set aside, with a note of how many blocks I have and what I plan on doing with them. 

Besides finishing the top of the weighted blanket, I got the purple and white quilt and the red and white quilt from the last post assembled and hung in the closet. No hurry for either of those to be done. My scrap-busting projects are mostly my leader/enders these days, so making the four patches was a fun change. I need to get a couple deadline quilts cut out so those can be my main projects, and I still have quilt blocks ready to go on the design walls which are currently empty. I don't have time to do everything, but I'm moving things along, so it's a win!

No comments: