Thursday, March 28, 2024

Finishes #10 and #11 for 2024

 I've been busy clearing the decks again. DS the Elder and family arrive on Saturday for a week of visiting. I wanted things cleaned up before they got here. One of my deadline quilts is for their son, and here it is, finished!


He really loves dragons so I'm hoping this quilt is something he'll enjoy. They are allowed two bags a piece on the airplane, so I'm just going to send this home with them and not have to pay postage. 


I also finished a random scrap quilt. It's slated for donation. 

I've finished so many quilt tops in the past couple weeks it's crazy! I think around a dozen, but I've completely lost count. It could be higher, but I don't think it's lower. One of the quilt tops is a deadline quilt, and I've already basted it. It will be the first thing I start quilting after my company leaves. I won't be blogging next week, because no sewing will occur while family is here. I'm really hoping I hit my goal of finishing 40 quilts this year, because I've got 30 quilt tops hanging in the quilt closet plus a stack I don't have hangers for! 

I'll still have sewing time tomorrow, and I'm hoping to get my March blocks done for the Greek Murder Mystery. If I can get those cut out today, I think it's likely I can finish them tomorrow.

Saturday is our 40th anniversary! I may have married "too young", since I was just 16, but I chose really well. I don't regret a day of the time we've spent together, and a lot of time it is!


A while back I bought some decor for our bedroom.


It's hard to get a good photo of it because it's in the hallway entrance to our bedroom. The first sign says, "I choose you. And I'll choose you, over and over and over." The second sign says, "Without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat I'll keep choosing you." When DH saw it he loved it, and we both agree, we're going to keep choosing each other!


No comments: