Thursday, March 14, 2024

How Many Projects in a Week?

 I mention working on multiple projects often on this blog. I don't think I've ever given an example of how many projects that could mean. Since last week, I took photos of every project I've touched in the past seven days. I'll start with the basting/quilting/binding projects first, because that list is shorter. 


Project 1- I finished FMQ and bound this baby quilt. That's finish #9 for 2024.


Project 2- I basted and started FMQ this deadline quilt.


Project 3- I prepared a backing and laid out another quilt for basting.


Projects 4 & 5- I'm not sure if I actually sewed on the project on the left, but I did take the time to count the blocks and make a plan to use them all. I have 100 blocks, and I could make a king sized quilt or multiple smaller quilts. I don't need a king right now, and I have several king sized quilts on my docket, so I've decided to make two quilts set 5x7, and one set 5x6, which will use all the blocks. The blocks on the right I absolutely sewed on this week, and I have 72 of those. I could make one queen sized quilt or three throws, and I'm going with the three throws. So these two projects will actually become six quilts.


The first throw I got up on the design wall and sewed it into rows. 


After I was finished those blocks with the black background, I still had quite a few solid squares left, plus I had a few solid strips left. Rather than put all of that back into the Scrap User System, I decided to use up as much as I could in another project. I made more 16 patches, strip piecing as much as I could and adding in squares to keep up the variety. I was out of the black background, but I had extra WOW strips that I had cut for the other scrap fabric. 


Project 6- I'm going to have enough of these blocks to make another throw.


Now only these squares and two strips will be going back into the scrap user system. 



Project #7- The pieced neutral strips have been done for ages, but I cut the blue/green strips and sewed up all these blocks as leader/enders this week. This is already sewn into rows too. 


Project 8- This lego quilt for Mr.T was started this week. I made all the blocks in a day, and now I need to start assembling it with black sashing. I have enough fabric left for at least two throws for Project Linus. 


Project 9- I ran out of leader/enders, so grabbed another cut project to use as leader/enders. I need to add another round of printed strips outside of the black, so these can be my leader/enders for a bit longer. 

That's it, in the last week I've worked on nine different projects! 



No comments: