Thursday, June 27, 2024

Who Let the Dogs Out?

 That would be me, I let the dogs out, then let them back in, on repeat, ALL WEEK LONG! I think these granddogs get picked up tomorrow. The puppy is a full time job, which I knew she would be. Trying to keep her entertained and out of trouble was a chore. She's a sweet thing, but the older dog has NO patience left for puppies, and that made things interesting. The puppy should have been named Tigger, because she literally bounces in the yard. She chases her tail a lot too, which was quite amusing for me. 

As you could have guessed from my first paragraph, sewing was not my main activity this week, I was busy being the dog valet. That's not to say I got no sewing done. I moved my Bernina up to the living room, and made some progress on units for upcoming projects. Thankfully, the puppy was not interested in chewing up cords so the Bernina was safe. Of course, I was giving her stuff to chew on constantly, so she she wouldn't resort to chewing on things she shouldn't. 


These units will be used in a Christmas present for Miss E. Her favorite color is yellow, which is appropriate because she's a sunny child. 


The rest of the jelly roll is being used in a lap quilt. I used yardage for both backgrounds, but I was pretty pleased to get two projects out of one jelly roll. 

Today I was working on the red/cream log cabin blocks, and I'm almost done the second round. 

I haven't done any FMQ since the dogs arrived, but I did hit the halfway point on the second July deadline quilt before they got here. I'm hoping to finish the quilting this weekend, after the dogs get picked up, then I'll trim and bind both quilts. The deadline is July 14th, but DH and I will be out of town several of the days between now and then, so I'm feeling a bit of pressure to get them done. I shouldn't have a problem finishing them on time, but I normally don't like to cut it so close. 

Once I get the deadline quilts finished, I need to start cutting out Christmas presents. I'm determined to actually make the Christmas presents this year, instead of putting it off too long and then ditching the idea. I figured if I get started in July, I may have a chance! 


No comments: