Thursday, August 20, 2026

Finishes #15 and 16

So far so good on my goal of averaging two finishes per month. If I can manage to stay home (as in not travel) the rest of this year, I'm hoping to far surpass that goal, but we'll see. Family is more important than any quilting goals I have, and there are things going on that may require more travel this year. 

For now, I'm at home and working away at UFO's. I finished two more quilts, and I realized that so far this year, all of my finishes have been UFO's, which is pretty great. I do have some quilt requests for Christmas, which will all be be new starts, but I'll see how I do on that front. I am starting to plan those out, and even do a little bit of cutting, but time will tell if I actually get those requested quilts finished in time. 

I have some other non-quilt related sewing I need to do this year too, some for DH's scooter rally, some for non-quilty Christmas presents. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed about Christmas this year, and it's only August! Sometimes I end up having to ditch my Christmas sewing plans when life gets super busy, and I know that may happen this year. For now I'll just see what I can do without making myself crazy.

As for my finishes?


I made this from a layer cake. I have no idea where I got the layer cake, it's not really my style, but I managed to use the whole layer cake with no background fabric necessary. I think it looks like a picnic quilt. 


This quilt started out from some jelly roll strips I was given. It was only part of a jelly roll, so I added some strips from my scrap user system, as well as some background fabric. I really liked this quilt pattern, and I plan to use it again. You need one 1.5" cut WOF  background strip for each jelly roll strip. If you had a print jelly roll and a solid honeybun, you could do it, but you'd have to find a different border fabric whereas I used the background fabric for my border too. 

I'm already quilting another quilt, and the stack of basted quilts I had to work on when I got home is going down quickly. The quilts I have basted are mostly throws or kids quilts, so they quilt up fast. It won't be too long before I'll need to baste some more quilts!

No comments: