I scheduled blog posts to post while I was gone, so you were unlikely to notice that I had been out of town. I'm back now, but what a trip it was!
We went almost 9,000 miles, through 25 states. We went to two scooter rallies, multiple scooter shops, all for DH's business (He publishes The Scooter 'Zine) We saw our three out of state kids and their families, we spent a couple weeks with my parents, trying to improve their situation a bit. We went to five national parks, and two Civil War battlefields. We went on two covered bridge driving tours, one in Vermont and one in Indiana. We avoided interstate highways as much as possible, I think less than 500 miles were done on the interstate.
Since we were on the backroads, we got to see lots of wildlife. So many wild turkeys, deer, elk, pronghorn, even a bear right on the side of the road just watching the cars go by. We saw lots of free range chickens, even a flock that was wearing clothes! I looked it up and I saw that sometimes they put clothes on chickens to protect them from roosters who claw them while mating. I saw several options for that online but these looked homemade, they even had flowers appliqued on them! Of course we saw the usual assortment of farm animals, horses, cows, goats, pigs, donkeys, a few emus, and even some alpacas.
So much happened over the eight weeks we were gone, I won't bore you with a ton of photos, but I will give you a couple highlights.
One of the many elk we saw in Great Smokey Mountains National Park.
Views from the Blue Ridge Parkway
Deer in Shenandoah National Park
We were in Indiana for my birthday, But DH got me a couple roses for the hotel room, red because he loves me, yellow because we are friends. His soda bottle made an adequate vase!
Now that we are home again, it's time to get back into a normal routine. I really did a lot of quilting prep before I left, so now that everything from the trip is put away, I can get right back into sewing. Goodness knows, I've got lots of sewing to do!

No comments:
Post a Comment