Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Home for a Couple of Days

 I'm home for a couple days, before I'm off again. Funny thing is, I had an opportunity to spend time with a different couple of grandkids while I'm home (sleepover at Nana's during spring break, anyone?) Now that DH and I get up ridiculously early (4:30 AM), I thought I'd still have a bit of a chance to sew, but as I found out this morning, one of these grandkids is a super light sleeper and he woke up as soon as I started sewing, even though the sewing machine is in the basement and he was on the upper level. 

I did have a little bit of time Tuesday before they got here (I got home Monday night). I got the top of the doll quilt I need to finish made.


The baby doll I got for the cradle is in non-removable clothing of peach and green, so I think this quilt adds more colors but will still match the doll. 

I don't think I'll have any more sewing time this week, but I might be able to get the doll pillow and mattress cut out. I did get the I Spy quilt I'm giving away in a week trimmed, but no binding yet. I need to go back up to Phoenix for a couple days, then it's back home for a mad rush to finish the linens for the doll cradle and get the binding on the I Spy quilt so we can bring them to some of our other grandkids. It's a very busy March, and I realized we already have plans two weekends in April and two weekends in May! I would imagine life will calm down in June when it's usually blisteringly hot here. 

Since I haven't been sewing much, I don't have much to show. I got about 50 blocks for that red/cream Carolina Chain quilt cut out, so that's something, right?


1 comment:

Jane said...

Love that little quilt. Gorgeous colors!