Friday, March 12, 2021

Unexpected Change of Plans







Due to a family emergency in one of my DSIL’s families, this week I found myself in Phoenix helping take care of a couple of grandkids so DSIL and DD#2 can do what needs to be done. Not much of a hardship for me to spend time with a couple of grandsons ;-) I think I’ll be up here next week as well. 

I had to pack quickly to come up, but this is an occasion where having so many projects going at once came in handy. Although I’ve brought a sewing machine to DD #2’s house before, I knew this wasn’t a good time for that. I did grab three projects “just in case” I had the time or inclination. 



I grabbed some strips from my scrap user system and I’m subcutting the strips at the kitchen table when the little one is napping or at night when both boys are in bed. I’ve been wanting to make a red/cream Carolina Chain quilt for a while. The blocks are simple, with only two sizes to cut. The stripology mini ruler works great for traveling. I’m using wonder clips to clip the pieces for one block together. That way I don’t have to worry about the pieces getting mixed up as the project box get moves around. 

I brought a hand sewing project I doubt I’ll end up working on, and I brought some squares that need diagonal sewing lines drawn which I might work on. 

Mostly I’ll be spending time with these two


Can you tell the younger one is the rough and tumble, play hard and get dirty type?


I don’t know exactly when I’ll get back home, but I’ll share some great sunset pics DH took on his way home from dropping me off. 






No comments: