Thursday, March 17, 2022

It's About Time!

I am finally making a quilt for our bed a priority! It helps that I don't have any firm deadline quilts right now. I do have a couple memory quilts I need to make, but no deadline on those. Overall, it's a good time to make a priority of the quilt for our bed, poor DH has been waiting years for it after our last one wore out. 

 The thing is, it's been cut out for at least two years, if not three. somehow I always end up with something more pressing to do. 

Choosing a pattern for other people is easy, choosing one for us is much harder. I finally opted for North Star by MSQC. I'm not using their construction methods, I prefer cutting strips to the correct length from the start, for me that's much more accurate. I hate squaring up so accuracy the first time around is important to me.


Here are my first four blocks, the center of the quilt will be this orientation. Like all half log cabins, there are a bunch of ways the blocks can be set.


Just for fun I flipped them around. If I had more blocks done I could play with a lot more settings.

I've been working on these blocks since last week, and although I'm not finished, I am working on the final round of green for all the remaining blocks. I think I should be able to finish the blocks tomorrow. I won't have access to my design wall for quite a while, so once the blocks are done, they'll be set aside until life goes back to normal. 



I did get the center of this little quilt assembled this week too. I'm thinking a narrow cream border followed by a wider green plaid. Borders will have to wait too. 

I've been trying to be a little more adventurous when I order at restaurants. Last weekend DH and I went out to breakfast, and I ordered an Acai bowl, healthy and filled with antioxidants it said. Now, from the menu description I was expecting a bowl of granola with fruit and a dollop of acai sorbet on top. 


What I got was a big bowl of acai sorbet, with some fruit and a granola sprinkle! Don't get me wrong, it was delicious, but I was not expecting ice cream for breakfast! So, if you haven't had one of these, next time you want ice cream for breakfast you can order a "healthy" acai bowl, and you'll be trendy! I know sorbet is not technically ice cream, but it felt like I was eating ice cream. Thankfully it wasn't very sweet, because I'm not a big fan of sweets in the morning. It was plenty sweet enough, just not ice cream level of sweet. 








No comments: